The organisers of the 10th Annual Forum of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region to be held in Gdańsk on 12-13 June 2019 invite all strategic stakeholders to participate and propose seminars for the event.
Seminars are the core of the Annual Forums of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region (EUSBSR). The 10th Annual Forum will have 18 slots for 90-minute seminars. Seminar’s organisers design and manage their seminar. We recommend seminars to have an interactive format that engages the audience in the discussion and aims to showcase practical solutions/good practices as well as to deliver concrete conclusions.
- Seminar is open to all participants;Seminar clearly supports the thematic focus of the Forum. The
- overall theme is „Circular and sharing economy as an answer to demographic changes and environmental challenges in the Baltic Sea Region”;
- We expect the seminars to relate to at least one of the three main themes of the Annual Forum: „Going circular – a pathway to well-being in the Baltic Sea Region”, „Business-driven approach to circular economy in the Baltic Sea Region” and „Demography and circularity in the Baltic Sea Region: interdependent or disconnected?” (link to the draft programme of the conference: strategyforum2019.eu/programme/conference-programme);
- Content of the seminar must be based on clear added value for macro regional cooperation for the Baltic Sea Region.
- Engage 2 or more co-organizers;
- Engage EUSBSR Policy Areas/Horizontal Actions in order to cover cross-cutting issues (link to contact list: www.balticsea-region-strategy.eu/contacts);
- Include a diversity of speakers (policy makers, public administrations, business representatives, NGOs, academia);
- Focus on demography, energy, bioeconomy, education, tourism, innovation, circular economy models;
- Have high policy relevance;
- Have a gender-balanced and generation-balanced* panel;
- Have the keynotes and conclusions expressed in simple, practical manner.
Deadline and submission of the proposals
All proposals should be submitted to the Organiser via e-mail: 10thAnnualForum@pomorskie.eu by 15th February 2019.Please find additional information and a form for your proposal here. Concept Notes sent after this date will not be subject of the assessment.
The Concept Note will be assessed by the organising team of the 10th Annual Forum, based on the criteria, preferences and on our capacity (time and space) to include the proposal in the programme. Final decision will be communicated by e-mail from the organisers (10thAnnualForum@pomorskie.eu). The assessment process will be closed till 15th March 2019. The organising team reserves the right to discuss the final shape of the seminars with Main Coordinators of the seminars.
*The Baltic Sea Region Youth Camp is arranged in the days leading up to the Annual Forum: about thirty of the one hundred youths will participate in the Annual Forum. Contact Co-partner of EUSBSR Annual Forum BSSSC at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.